View of the Planning Department Building

This website contains many useful tools and resources for your next project. 

How Do I...

The How Do I? section links to pages that are designed to help you find guides and answers to common questions. OCWebMapsProperty Reporter, and the Municipal Code are helpful tools you can use.

Do you have a Planning question?

  • You can email us at
  • We can also answer general questions over the phone, at 503.722.3789.
  • Our customer service counter is located at 695 Warner Parrott Road and is open for walk-in customers from 9am to 4pm, Monday-Thursday. It is closed to walk-in customers on Fridays, except by appointment.

How to Submit a Land Use Application

In order to expedite the review of plans and permits, a majority of our applications will only be accepted electronically through our online portal. However, we still accept in-person, over-the-counter submissions of the following Residental applications:


If you seek copies of land use decisions or evidence of zoning compliance, you can file a Public Records Request through the City Recorder's office.

Questions for Other Departments

Building Department / Building Permit

For questions, please visit the Building Department page. You can also email Building Permits for more information.

Public Works Department

For questions such as, which oversees streets, sidewalks, utilities, System Development Charges, Geologic Hazard Review, and many other items, please visit the Public Works page. You can also email Public Works for more information.