LEG 22-01 Housing Choices Code Update - Adopted Code
On June 1, 2022, the City Commission voted 4-0 to approve the second reading of Ordinance Number 22-1001 and remand the file to the October 24, 2022, Planning Commission Meeting to review a second package of outstanding policy questions not needed for compliance with HB 2001.
These code amendments are effective June 30, 2022.
For more information on HB2001 and Middle Housing - visit the Housing Choices Code Update project page.
Package #2 Technical Revisions
On March 15, 2023, the City Commission adopted some additional technical revisions (effective March 31, 2023). These revisions will be incorporated into the online municipal code later in 2023
Middle Housing Driveway Specifications
Revise driveway widths to better align across code sections and meet policy goals.
Townhome Restriction in Middle Housing Land Division
Reduce the number of townhome units allowed through the Middle Housing Land Division process (four).
Dimensional Standards Revisions for Mixed-Use Downtown & Mixed-Use Corridor Districts
Allowing an exemption of the maximum front yard setbacks and minimum density standards for standalone residential development of four units or less in the Mixed-Use Corridor and Mixed-Use Downtown Zoning Districts and creating a Type II Modification process for projects that need an adjustment to the middle housing design standards.
Correction of attached garage width from 20 feet to 10 feet, and 2. Larger open space width for larger cluster unit configuration (7 plus).
Updated application forms can be found on the following pages:
- Triplex and Quadplex
- Cluster Housing
- Middle Housing Land Division
- Dimensional Standards Chart (PDF)
We will be refining the applications over the next couple of months- please verify you are using the latest version before you submit it with your building permit application.
If you have any recommendations to improve the process, please let us know.
If you wish to be added to the mailing list for Package #2, which will be reviewed at the Planning Commission starting October 24, 2022, please complete the Housing Choices Code Update (House Bill 2001) Contact Form.
If you have additional questions, please email Christina Robertson-Gardiner, Senior Planner.
- Chapter 16.08 - Land Divisions - Process and Standards (PDF)
- Chapter 16.12 - Minimum Public Improvements and Design Standards for Development - March 31, 2023 (PDF)
- Chapter 16.24 - Middle Housing Land Division - Revised March 31, 2023 (PDF)
- Chapter 17.04 - Definitions (PDF)
- Chapter 17.08 - Low Density Residential Districts (PDF)
- Chapter 17.10 - Medium Density Residential Districts (PDF)
- Chapter 17.12 - High Density Residential District (PDF)
- Chapter 17.14 - Single-Family Detached and Duplex Residential Design Standards - Revised March 31, 2023 (PDF)
- Chapter 17.16 - Middle Housing Design Standards (PDF)
- Chapter 17.20 - Accessory Dwelling Unit And Other (PDF)
- Chapter 17.21 - Single-Family Residential Standards - Park Place Concept Plan Area (PDF)
- Chapter 17.22 - Single-Family Residential Standards - South End Concept Plan Area (PDF)
- Chapter 17.26 - HC Historic Commercial District (PDF)
- Chapter 17.29 - MUC Mixed-Use Corridor District - Revised March 31, 2023 (PDF)
- Chapter 17.32 - C General Commercial District (PDF)
- Chapter 17.34 - MUD Mixed-Use Downtown District - Revised March 31, 2023 (PDF)
- Chapter 17.35 - Willamette Falls Downtown District (PDF)
- Chapter 17.49 - Natural Resource Overlay District (PDF)
- Chapter 17.50 - Administration and Procedures (PDF)
- Chapter 17.52 - Off-Street Parking and Loading (PDF)
- Chapter 17.58 - Lawful Nonconforming Uses, Structures and Lots (PDF)
- Chapter 17.60 - Variances - Revised March 31, 2023 (PDF)
- Chapter 17.62 - Site Plan and Design Review (PDF)
- Chapter 17.65 - Master Plans and Planned Unit Developments (PDF)
- Middle Housing Information Sheet (PDF)
- ORD 22-1001 - Middle Housing Ordinance and Adopted Code (PDF)
- ORD 23-1001 - Middle Housing Ordinance Package Number 2 - Technical Revisions (PDF)