Public Records Requests
- City Public Records Request Form
- Police Records Request
- If you are interested in a zoning confirmation letter, please visit the Planning Department section
Oregon Revised Statute 192.005 defines a "public record" as any "document, book, paper, photograph, file, sound recording, machine readable electronic record or other material... regardless of physical form or characteristics, made, received, filed, or recorded in pursuance of law or in connection with the transaction of public business."
The City's public records policy recognizes the right of every person to inspect any non-exempt public record of the City, the importance of maintaining orderly files to facilitate public access in an efficient manner, and the need to establish reasonable fees and charges for labor and material costs incurred in making public documents available. Please allow up to 5 days for the City Recorder to respond to your records request.
Citizens are welcome to make an appointment with the City Recorder to review City documents, or access a Quick Reference Guide to Oregon's Public Records Law.
Please review the Non-Conforming Use, Structure, or Lot Process prior to submitting a public records request.
Costs for Miscellaneous City Services
- Black and White and Color Copies:
- 1 to 20 pages (per page): $0.50
- 21 to 50 pages (per page): $0.25
- 50+ pages (per page): $0.15
- Cassette Tape or CD Duplication (per event/meeting): $25
- Annual Budget (per copy): $25
- Oregon City Municipal Code Supplements - per printing: Varies
- Returned Checks (all departments): $25
- List of Oregon City Businesses and Vendor List (hard copy or electronic): $25
- City Lien Search: $35
- Carton Retrieval from Document Storage (Recall):
- $35 for 1 box
- $7 for each additional box
- Research Cost: Staff hourly wage, plus benefits (first ½ hour free): Varies