GEORGE AND LOTTIE CRAWFORD RANDALL HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: This house was built by George and Mary Randall and is similar to the residence constructed at 807 5th Street about the same time. George Randall was born in England in 1841 and at age 16, worked his way across the Atlantic Ocean as a cabin boy. After being employed in Connecticut mills for a few years, Randall brought his mother, sisters and younger brother to the United States. In 1868, he and his wife Mary Ann came to Oregon via the Isthmus of Panama. The Randalls' daughter Lottie Crawford inherited the property and moved it in approximately 1924.
This 1-1/2 story transitional of rectangular plan features asphalt shingle siding over the original siding. Windows are original 1/1 wood doublehung. A hipped-roof porch distinguishes the entry. The windows are 1/1 wood double-hung. The porch steps and foot door appear to have been altered. An inset porch with adjoining 3-sided bay gives the house a Queen Anne feel. Turned Tuscan columns are a character-defining feature. The house features a skylight and a diamond window. There is a garage beneath the house.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.