A.D. PUTROW RENTAL -- Statement of Significance: In 1876, A.D. and May Putrow purchased this property while residing next door on 11th Street. Mr. Putrow was born in 1827 in New York City and his wife was born in 1836 in Massachusetts. The couple is said to have constructed this house as a rental unit. The property was purchased in 1920 by Roy B. and Grace Cox. Six years later, the couple sold the house to Jared O. Blodgett, who owned the house until at least 1985. City directories list J.O. Blodgett as living in this house from 1933 to 1964.
The 1-1/2 story front gable house sits on a poured concrete basement. This siding is drop channel siding. A hip roof covers the three-sided bay window and the front door entrance. The bay has a pair of one over one double-hung windows and a single on the side. A spindle railing runs from the bay to the corner post and along the north side of the porch. A historic addition with a salt-box style roof is visible on the southwest side. A large deck has been added to the back of the house. The former back porch appears to be fill in. The siding does is not aligned and there is a board to cover the seam where the attachment beings. The window hood breaks the rake board. It has a half-round gutter, boxed soffit, barge board. According to a neighbor, the house was at the street and was moved further back on the lot over a new foundation and basement.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.