HARRY AND MARYANN DRAPER HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: In 1922, Curtise Martin purchased this property and resold it three years later to Harry E. and Maryann Draper. As such, it is uncertain which owner is responsible for the construction of the house. However, it was occupied by the Drapers from the late 1920s until the sale by Mrs. Draper's estate in 1970. The couple were co-proprietors of the Huntley-Draper Drug Store. In the 1950s, Mrs. Draper was employed as an inspector at the Veneer Box Factory.
This simple c.1923 Colonial style house has a rectangular plan with a jerkinhead (clipped gable) roofline. A shed roof dormer garnishes the upper half story with wide 8/1 wood double-hung windows. A pedimented gable roof crowns the main entry porch and is supported by triangular console brackets. A compatible, non-historic entrance door, flanked by multi-light sidelights is centered below the gabled roof and is flanked by 8/1 wood double-hung windows. A brick chimney exists on the north elevation. Alterations include fixed aluminum storm windows and replacement of the porch railing and balustrade. A garage exists to the southeast of the main house and is clad with lap siding.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.