LUDVIG STANEVICH HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: In 1923, Ludwig (a.k.a. Ludvich) Stanevich purchased this property and is credited with the construction of the house. After residing at the property for five years, he sold to Gustavus and Anna Gotterberg. By 1930, the house was occupied by Lewis and Margaret Cameron, and their two children. Cameron, who was employed by Crown Zellerbach, was later deeded the property in 1945.
This 1-1/2 story bungalow has a rectangular plan on a poured concrete foundation. The side-gabled jerkinhead roof has eave returns and a front shed dormer with three windows. The front porch also has a clipped gable. The coved porch ceiling is beadboard with tapered hexagon columns on either side of the poured concrete steps. The multi-pane front door is flanked by glazed sidelights. The upper story dormer 1/1 double-hung wood windows have decorative muntin pattern that match the two front picture windows flanking the porch. There are basement windows. An exterior chimney climbs up the north side. A bay window projects from the south side. There is a garage to the northeast of the house.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.