AMANDA M. DEUTE HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: In 1912, Amanda M. Deute purchased this property and is credited with the construction of the house. The house was occupied from 1912 to 1920 by Otto and Matilda Deute, relation unknown, who were merchants in Oregon City and had a store at 7th and John Adams. The property was sold in 1920 to Harry and Isabella Price, and then sold again to Hal Hoss in 1922. Lee Faust acquired the house in 1932 and held onto the property until 1973.
This 2-1/2 story American Foursquare house has a square plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation with basement. The hip roof is covered with composition shingles and is pierced with by a dormer and two chimneys. The chimney on the north end is an exterior brick chimney. The rafter tails are exposed. The house is covered with narrow drop siding grounded by a water table and cap. Windows are primarily leaded glass over multi-pane single-hung and 1/1 wood double-hung. The hip roof entry porch has square columns and side knee walls. The main entry door is flanked by sidelights. There is hipped roof addition, possibly enclosed rear porch, to the rear.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.