DANIEL FISHER HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: Daniel Fischer (a.k.a. Fisher) bought part of the property in 1889 and part in 1894. Fischer is the original owner of the house that was built circa 1882. Fisher, a WP&P Co lab worker, lived in the house before the turn of the century. In 1916 August and Florence Fisher were in residence at this address. Anna Fisher Miller sold the house to William Spencer in 1941. He and his wife Eva and their daughter Doris lived there on his painter's salary. The house changed hands several times in the 1940s-60s including owner occupants Wilbur and Mary Ritchey and Ivan and Marie Chapman. The Chapmans lived here from 1953 to 1964. Charles and Grace Smith bought the house in 1965 and lived there until they sold in 1969 to Harold Goodrich.
This 1-1/2 story vernacular house has a front gable roof with eave returns and boxed soffits. The rectangular plan has simple Queen Anne details. Siding is channel drop. A rake board and frieze decorate the from elevation. An inset bay window chamfers the corner of the bottom story leaving room for a decorative pendant. The front fixed window has leaded, stained glass in a square pattern on the top sash. Since the 1982 survey many applied decorative elements have appeared: in the gable, a spindle rail above the inset front porch, a simple banister, and a turned porch column. Windows are 1/1 double-hung wood with hoods. The siding around the upper story double window is cut approximately one foot out from the window and cutting the rake board, indicating a probable window replacement. There is one story roofed addition on the back.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.