516 Monroe Street

This c.1924 bungalow has a rectangular plan with a multi-gabled roof and a full extension shed dormer at the upper level of the south façade. Decorative brackets with shaped ends embellish the eaves. A front facing gable with decorative brackets is supported by non -historic, truncated, pressure-treated wood porch columns. Decorative latticework surrounds the porch skirt. Non-historic aluminum sliding window are present in some locations, while 1/1 double-hung aluminum windows are typical of all elevations. A fixed aluminum picture window is present on the front elevation. A manicured hedge exists at the front façade flanking the entrance walkway. A detached garage with original hinged doors is present to the southeast of the structure. Alterations include the shed wall dormer addition and front porch modification.

This property is located within the McLoughlin Conservation District but is not a locally designated historic site. Contact ocplanning@orcity.org for more information.

Historic Inventory Form 

MONR_0516