H.H. BLANKENSHIP HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: John Meyers bought this property from Clackamas County in 1876, and sold it to H.H. Blankenship. He apparently had the house built circa 1893. Little is known of H.H. Blakenship except that he was a farmer from west of Oregon City in the West Linn-Willamette area. The Blankenships sold in 1906 to Jennie Trimble who lived in the house until she sold to Felix Dillon in 1910. Though the occupants can't be traced again for two decades the subsequent owners included Ho and Anna Joehnke (several spellings of this name are listed) in 1917 and C.A. Schuebel. Walter Schuebel sold to Philip and Bertha Weismandel (a.k.a. Weisemandel) in 1936. Upon Bertha's death in 1966 the house was vacant for at least year and then purchased in 1968 by Ed and Frieda Bachmeier.
This vernacular style house has a front gable and sits on a concrete block foundation. It has been extensively altered with aluminum siding and windows. A front porch with a hipped roof covers that front elevation. Most of the porch is enclosed with a recess for the entry at the NE corner. The south elevation has a gabled wing addition. A shed roof covers the three-sided bay on the north side. There appears to be an aluminum shed roof on the back (west) side. The house is encircled with a box hedge and cyclone fence. Appears on 1911 Sanborn maps but not on 1900 maps.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.