MRS. ANNIE BUSCH HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: The house at 115 Madison Street may be one of fourteen houses built by Frank Busch in and around the McLoughlin District, evidenced by ownership by the Busch family around the time of construction. The Busch family owned many surrounding lots. Annie Busch purchased lot 11 from Helen Stratton in 1900 and lot 10 from Ira Rambo in 1909. Annie Busch sold lots 9, 10 and 11 to Peter Becker in 1919. Lars and Anna Swanberg purchased the three lots in 1922 and then sold them to Ed van Auken in 1931. Joseph and Mildred Erker purchased lots 10 and 11 in 1949 and sold them to Pearl Keopple in. 1957. The heirs of Ms. Keopple sold the property to Willard and Mary May Ealls in 1961. City directories suggest that the Ealls and their six children rented the house beginning in the early 1950s. Mr. Ealls was employed by Industrial Aires. In 1969, the property was sold to Emil Krause.
This 1-1/2 story vernacular residence has a rectangular plan with an asymmetrical front elevation. It sits on a concrete foundation and is clad in channel drop siding with corner boards and a small water table. The rear portion of the structure is side gabled, while the front portion is an off center front gable with a change in slope to the south side, creating an extended shed roof that has been added/extended further to the south. The roof is covered with composition shingling. There is a large frieze board. The windows are primarily aluminum sliders with wide surrounds. There is a deck to the rear and a north side door has been filled in with siding. The non-original front porch consists of a gable roof supported by posts on a concrete slab. There is decorative siding and a tie board.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.