DR. CLYDE MOUNT HOUSE -- Statement of Significance: In 1915, E.C. Hackett and his wife sold lots 7 and 8 of Block 51 to Melissa A. Bestow. Later that same year, Melissa A. Bestow sold lot 7 to William and Ava M. Peters. The Peters sold the property to Hugh S. Mount, et al. in 1920. In 1921, Hugh S. Mount, et al. deeded the property to Clyde and Myrtle Mount. The house was constructed c. 1932. Dr. Clyde Mount, a dentist who graduated from the University of Oregon, was one of a team of brothers who owned and operated the Oregon City Hospital. He was born in 1879, to Henry and Rebecca (Stevens) Mount, and died in 1930. In 1963, the house was sold after Myrtle P. Mount's death to Saint Paul's Parish of Oregon City. The 1965 City Directory indicates Robert and Wilma Theis are the owners. Robert Theis was the manager of the Oregon City Travel Bureau. The Parish sold the house to the Oregon City Hospital in 1974.
This 1-1/2 story English cottage house has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The cross gable roof is covered in composition shingles and is pierced by a chimney and shed roof dormers. The house is covered with wood shingles. The entry vestibule is covered with stucco. Windows are primarily narrow, multi-pane casement and 6/1 wood double-hung. There is an attached one car garage.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact email@example.com for more information.