SAINT JOHN'S CATHOLIC SCHOOL c.1930 -- The brick-clad Saint John's Catholic School shows the influence of modern architecture movements, especially the Art Deco and Art Moderne of the 1930s. The façade of the building features a slightly projecting entrance pavilion with rectangular blocks to either side. Though the overall massing is symmetrical, the blocks differ in that one is a blank wall, possibly a cafeteria or assembly hall, while the other block has three levels of windows. The building incorporates decorative geometric and, especially, linear brick patterns. The windows have metal sashes and are placed flush with the exterior walls. The roof is flat, with a slightly overhanging eave, which emphasized the linearity of the building.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.