805 Taylor Street

MARY RANDALL RENTAL c.1905 -- Statement of Significance: This was one of a number of rental houses built by Mary and George Randall - two duplicates of this house are at 508 Jefferson and 805 5th Street. The Randalls came to Oregon City from Connecticut in 1868, by way of the Isthmus of Panama. In 1869 they purchased 200 acres in the Central Point area, raising hops and potatoes which were shipped to San Francisco. In 1905 they retired from the farm and moved to Oregon City, when most of their rental homes were built. 

There are several houses in Oregon City built with this return gable ell over a slanted bay. This house is one of the better kept examples with such architectural detailing.

Historic Inventory Form 

Taylor St - 805