DR. DANIEL STEPHENSON HOUSE c.1865 -- Statement of Significance: The house has been identified as belonging originally to Dr. Daniel Stevenson, a local dentist born in Tennessee in 1829 who had a wife, Mary Ann, two children, Luisa and A.C., born in Oregon. A title search shows Stevenson selling Lots 5-8 to a James McNamara in 1865, and it is possible McNamara built the house. He owned the property until 1892, when it was deeded to the Providence St. Vincent Hospital, Sisters of Charity, who resold it in 1900 to a John Gleason. McNamara was born in England in 1836.
The house was moved from its original location at 13th and Center Streets in the late 1970s. The house is significant for its age.