FRANK BUSCH RENTAL -- Statement of Significance: In 1910, this property was purchased by Frank Busch, the Oregon City furniture magnate who is credited with the construction of this rental house. After the property was sold to Edward McLinn Howell, a real estate dealer, its ownership is unclear. However, by 1960, the house was owned and occupied by John McNeal, who worked at Crown Zellerbach. He continued to own and occupy the house until at least 1964.
This 1-1/2 story house sits under a front gable roof with a full width hipped porch on the north side of the house. The porch hip has a low pitch and is supported by a series of square columns set on a solid balustrade. The hip features open eaves above the wide frieze board, and the main gable also has open eaves along with wide barge boards and decorative knee brackets. The house is entirely clad with double drop siding finished with corner boards. The windows are all vinyl double-hung sashes with narrow trim molding, recent replacements of the original sashes. A large wood deck has been added to the south side of the house, and an interior brick chimney is located near the south end as well. A long stair and walkway lead up to the house from Jefferson Street that have recently been rebuilt.
This property is a locally designated historic site located within the McLoughlin Conservation District. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.