About the Pioneer Center
Located at 615 5th Street Oregon City, OR, the Pioneer Adult Community Center is a multi-purpose recreation center for community members 21 years of age and older. The center is open to the public Monday through Friday from 9 am-4 pm. The Pioneer Center's primary responsibility is to enhance the quality of life for community senior citizens.
The Center offers many classes, programs, and services to help individuals stay safe, healthy, active. By offering nutritional, educational, recreational and social services to older adults in the community, we help individuals maintain an independent and active lifestyle.
The grounds provide a beautiful place to enjoy the outdoors. We encourage you to take a stroll through our Peace Garden. Parking is plentiful and a TriMet bus stop is conveniently located for those who use public transportation.
Some of the opportunities available at the Center:
- Recreation - fitness classes, dancing, art classes, trips, hikes, games, computer lab
- Transportation - which offers a ride to your doctor, shopping or other personal errands
- Meals on Wheels - nutritional program for home bound seniors
- Congregate Lunch - served in our dining room from 11am to 12pm, Monday through Friday
- Social and Client Services - offering information, assistance and referrals to community resources.
- Center Services - Senior Law Project, foot care clinic, support groups, health presentations, holiday food boxes, etc.
- Volunteer Opportunities - Meals on Wheels Drivers, lunch servers, pan washers, dishwashers, hostesses.
- The Pioneer Pantry - Friday store offering discounted bakery and store items.
- Community Garden, where good things come to those who wait
- Facility Rentals - Weddings, receptions, birthdays, retirement parties, business/group meetings, trainings
Our wonderful staff works to provide seniors with the tools and services to keep them healthy, active and independent.
Pioneer Community Center Staff:
- Cecily Rose, Social Service & Pioneer Center Manager
- Shirley Ryan, Social Services Coordinator
- Debbie Taplin, Office Specialist & Transportation Coordinator
- Rental & Events Coordinator
- Alexandra Kocher, Social Services Programmer
- Angela Hartmann, Food Services
- Christie Horner, Receptionist
- Neal Schmitt, Van Driver
- Tony Zuniga, Van Driver
- Mal Wilson, On-Call Van Driver
- Nutrition Assistant
View the Directions website.
View the Online Map.