Citizen Involvement Committee (CIC)
- 1st Monday of every month
- No January Meeting (January 2 is a Holiday)
- February 6, 2023
- March 6, 2023
- April 3, 2023, May 1, 202
- June 5, 2023, July 3, 2023,
- August 7, 2023
- No September meeting (Labor Day)
- October 2, 2023
- November 6, 2023
- December 4, 2023
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
All CIC meetings are video recorded and can be viewed online.
- Bob La Salle, Park Place Neighborhood Association, Chair
- Linda Baysinger, Canemah Neighborhood Association, Vice Chair
- Dennis Anderson, Canemah Neighborhood Association, Secretary
- Hannah Schmidt - Community Engagement Specialist
Oregon City currently has 12 active Neighborhood Associations.
- Elyville NA
- Canemah NA
- Caufield NAGaffney Lane NA
- Hazel Grove-Westling Farm NA
- McLoughlin NA
- Park Place NA
- Rivercrest NA
- South End NA
- Tower Vista NA
- Two Rivers NA
Find My Neighborhood
Unsure which association your residence is in? To find our, use our Neighborhood Search Tool
The Citizen Involvement Committee (CIC) is made up of representatives from Oregon City's neighborhood associations who concentrate on ways to encourage greater public involvement and communication between the city and its residents. CIC members play an important role in two-way communication between the City and Neighborhood Associations, who are not public organizations.
Members of the CIC are appointed to a two-year term by the Mayor.
Citizen Participation is Goal 1 of the city's planning process and as technology and society change, organization like the CIC work with the City to help adapt to how government communicates with and listens to the community on important city decisions.
We are looking for a broad range of people to sit on the committee and encourage those who have may been sitting on the sidelines, but want to be more involved to jump on in. - It's not a lot of commitment and it is a great way to learn more about your city. Email Jarrod Lyman or your neighborhood representatives to learn more.
The CIC fosters public participation and education regarding land use for the citizens of Oregon City on behalf of the city commission and perform other duties as identified within this chapter.
The duties of the CIC include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Encourage public participation and knowledge of land use in Oregon City.
- Encourage public participation in other government activities as they impact neighborhood programs.
- Provide information to the City Commission and the public.
- Assist with requests from the City Commission.
If you require more information regarding the Citizen Involvement Committee or have questions regarding the Neighborhood Associations, please email Jarrod Lyman, Communications Manager, or call 503-496-1547.
The Citizen Involvement Committee is tasked with helping Oregon City residents be more engaged with their government.
The Citizen Involvement Committee is tasked with helping Oregon City residents be more engaged with their government and encouraging residents, neighborhood associations, and other organizations to share the attached resources with their community.
The city has a contract with Buels Impressions Printing, who prints the cards and sends them to a third party mailer through a bulk rate permit.
Oregon City established a Citizen Involvement Program in the 1980s. The program has two major components: neighborhood associations and a Citizen Involvement Council (CIC).
Sign up for emails from your neighborhood association.
Find which Neighborhood Association your home is in.
- 2017 to 2019 Goals (PDF)
- 2018 Prioritized Work Plan (PDF)
- Chapter 2.30 - CIC Code (As Amended July 15, 2020) (PDF)
- CIC Member Job Description (PDF)
- CIC Roles and Responsibilities Memo (PDF)
- Ordinance No. 10-1008 - Amending Chapter 2.30 (Adopted July 15, 2020) (PDF)
- Public Involvement Plan May 31, 2016 (PDF)
- Resolution 20-16 - Adopting CIC Bylaws (Adopted July 15, 2020) (PDF)