Microfilm Scanning System
Please Note: The University of Oregon has a large amount of our microfilm available in its online Historical Oregon History collection for Oregon City/Clackamas County.
The Clackamas County Family History Society's Wilmer Gardner Research Library at the Museum of Oregon Territory offers services such as a genealogy discovery center as well as a research request webform.
The system components include e-ImageData's ScanPro 3000 Microfilm Scanner, a computer equipped with Microsoft Office and a vertically mounted monitor.
The ScanPro 3000 system scans 16mm and 35mm microfilm; positive and negative microfiche and aperture cards using a 26-megapixel camera and 500 dpi optical resolution. Image adjustments include straighten, crop, zoom in/out, and correct brightness/contrast. Users may print images and save them to a USB flash drive.
The microfilm, microfiche, and reader are located in the Carnegie Center near the service desk. If you have questions regarding specific publication dates please email the Oregon City Public Library Reference Department or call 503-657-8269, ext. 1017.
The Friends of the Oregon City Public Library generously contributed to the purchase.
Available Microfilm / Microfiche
Oregon City Newspapers
- Oregon Spectator: February 15, 1846 to March 10, 1855
- Oregon Orgus: April 21, 1855 to January 12, 1878 (not all issues)
- Oregon City Press: February 9, 1898 to April 26, 1899
- Oregon City Enterprise: November 27, 1866 to October 17, 1868
- The Weekly Enterprise: November 1868 to November 3, 1871
- Oregon City Enterprise Weekly: November 10, 1871 to December 25, 1942
- Oregon City Courier: September 23, 1883 to July 3, 1919
- Oregon City Banner Courier: July 17, 1919 to February 28, 1950
- Oregon City Enterprise: January 8, 1911 to February 28, 1950
- Oregon City Enterprise Courier: March 1, 1950 to April 8, 1992
Portland City Newspapers
- Weekly Oregonian: December 4, 1850 to November 15, 1862
- Oregonian: February 4, 1861 to January 3, 1900, September 25, 2011 to April 30, 2012
Sanborn Maps of the Cities of Oregon
1906 to 1960 (no indexes available prior to 1906 or 1925 to 1945)
1946 to 1960 (no records available 1925 to 1945)
Health Div Center for Health Statistics
- Portland A to Z Death: 1915 to 1924
- Deaths: 1903 to 1970
Oregon Health Division Vital Statistics
- Birth Index Portland: 1864 to 1917
- Death Index Portland: 1881 to 1917
Federal Population Census - Oregon
1850 to 1930
Oregon City Council and Commission Proceeding
Index: August 6, 1850 to June 26, 1978