Digitizing Historic Oregon City Newspapers
A project of the Oregon City Public Library, Early Oregon Voices: Digitizing Historic Oregon City Newspapers, received funding to digitize early Oregon newspapers which were published in Oregon City, Oregon from territorial days in the mid-1800s through 1922. The digitizing was done by the Oregon Digital Newspaper Program (ODNP) at the University of Oregon.
Fifteen historic Oregon City newspapers were digitized and added to the Historic Oregon Newspapers Online website through the project.
The newspapers and their dates are as follows:
- Clackamas County Record (January 5, 1903 to July 30, 1903)
- Morning Enterprise (January 8, 1911 to December 23, 1913)
- Oregon City Courier (November 23, 1883 to June 13, 1884)
- Oregon City Courier (July 10, 1896 to September 16, 1898)
- Oregon City Courier (November 7, 1902 to July 3, 1919)
- Oregon City Courier/Herald (September 23, 1898 to October 31, 1902)
- Oregon City Enterprise (October 27, 1866 to October 17, 1868
- Oregon City Enterprise (November 10, 1871 to December 1, 1887)
- Oregon City Enterprise (April 3, 1891 to December 29, 1922)
- Oregon City Press (February 9, 1898 to April 26, 1899)
- Oregon Courier (January 31, 1890 to July 3, 1896)
- The Banner-Courier (January 5, 1922 to December 28, 1922)
- The Enterprise (May 3, 1888 to March 27, 1891)
- The Oregon Argus (April 21, 1855 to January 12, 1878)
- The Weekly Enterprise (November 14, 1868 to November 3, 1871)
Two titles were already on the website:
- The Oregon Spectator (February 5, 1846 to March 10, 1855)
- The Oregon Free Press, (April 15 to November 25, 1848)
The project was supported in part by a grant from the Institute of Museum and Library Services through the Library Services and Technology Act, which is administered in Oregon by the Oregon State Library. Additional funding was provided by the Oregon City Public Library.
The online content is available to the public for free at the Historic Oregon Newspapers website.
Stay up-to-date on the Early Oregon Voices project:
Search Chronicling America, a newspaper website very similar to the Historic Oregon Newspapers.
For more help:
- Visit the Historic Oregon Newspapers help website
- Email an Oregon City Public Library reference librarian or call 503-657-8269, ext. 1017.