Community Information & Bulletin Board Policy
The purpose of library bulletin boards and other designated display areas is to provide space for local non-profit and non-commercial organizations involved in educational, civic, cultural or charitable activities to display notices and flyers that promote awareness of services and events of interest to the community. After library-related services and programs, preference will be given to organizations based in Oregon City or of community-wide interest.
- Materials must be presented to library staff for approval and posting/display and will be posted on a first-come, first-served basis. Posted materials shall be approved, initialed and posted by a designated staff member. Material left for posting or distribution without authorization from the library will be discarded.
- All items for display or distribution are subject to the availability of space. The size and appearance of material may also be taken into consideration. Preference is given to items that are 8 ½ inches by 11 inches or no larger than 11 inches by 17 inches.
- Personal, commercial or profit-making postings are not allowed. Library facilities may not be used to advertise items or services for sale, promote political candidates or agendas, post lost and found notices, solicit business, post legal notices or information that any reasonable person would interpret as an endorsement of a particular religious belief. Referenda or election-related materials pertaining to the library are permitted.
- Notices or handouts accepted from outside organizations must not denote sponsorship of its activities by the Oregon City Public Library. Only program partnerships planned, developed and posted by the library can have such designation.
- The Library is not responsible for the preservation or protection of displayed items and staff are not available to answer questions about any material displayed that are not directly related to library services or material.
- Any displayed material is subject to removal by the Library after two weeks. The library will dispose of all signs, posters, and other publicity items when they are removed.
- Final approval for postings will be the responsibility of designated staff and may be subject to approval by the Library Board.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse or remove any notice, flyer, or handout that does not comply with these policies and guidelines.