Conference Room Policy
The Oregon City Public Library provides one Conference Room on the second floor of the Library for reservation and use by patrons. Additional, non-reservable, quiet study and reading space is available throughout the Library on a first-come, first-served basis.
Conference Room Capacity & Availability
- The standard maximum capacity of the Conference Room is 12.
- Capacity limits may be adjusted as public health guidelines, City policies, or other circumstances require.
- The Conference Room is only available during the Library's normal hours of operation. Use of the room must end at least 30 minutes prior to library closing.
- See current Library hours of operation.
- Priority for Conference Room usage is given to library activities (including library-sponsored programs, library-sponsored events, or library staff usage).
- There is no charge for using the Conference Room.
Conference Room Usage Guidelines
- You must be 18 years of age or older to reserve the Conference Room.
- You must have a LINCC library card in good standing (less than $25 in fines and fees, not blocked for any other reason) to make a reservation.
- Advance reservations are required for all usage. Same-day reservations are permitted.
- Current reservation procedures can be found in Appendix A, or online.
- Conference Room reservation requests may be submitted up to 30 calendar days in advance.
- The minimum reservation length is 30 minutes.
- You may request to reserve the room for up to 3 hours total per week (Sunday through Saturday).
- Confirmed reservations will be held for up to 15 minutes after the reservation time; if you have not checked in within 15 minutes of your reservation time, your reservation will be canceled automatically.
- The Library reserves the right to cancel any reservation. Advance cancellation notice is not guaranteed; however, every effort will be made to give adequate notice of any cancellation.
Check-in & Check-out
- The person who reserved the Conference Room must check in with the second-floor Information Desk when arriving for their reservation, and check out when leaving at the end of their reservation.
- The Conference Room must be returned to its standard configuration at the end of your reservation (a diagram is posted on the wall).
- Any borrowed supplies (cables, markers, etc.) must be returned to the Reference Desk (and not left in the Conference Room).
Conference Room Usage
- Conduct and noise are to be kept to a level conducive for study by others in adjacent spaces. This includes any use of the room for teleconferencing, TV/video viewing, or presentations.
- The Conference Room may not be used for musical rehearsal or performance (instrumental or vocal).
- Conference Room users must abide by all Library Behavior Guidelines and any applicable City/State/Federal public health guidelines or policies.
- Only library-supplied markers may be used on the whiteboard.
- The Conference Room may not be used for activities involving glitter, paint, glue, or other craft materials unless as part of a library-sponsored program.
- Conference Room doors may not be blocked; windows and doors may not be covered at any time except where shades already exist.
- Only Library staff may adjust the thermostat in the Conference Room.
- Use of the Conference Room for business purposes by any attendee must be noted at the time the reservation request is submitted.
- Per OCMC 5.04.060, all persons using the Conference Room to conduct business must have a valid Oregon City Business License. The Library reserves the right to verify business licensure status before approving any reservation request for business use of the Conference Room.
- For any business usage, reservations shall be made in the name of, and using the library card of, the person conducting business (not their individual clients or customers).
- For the purposes of weekly usage limits, each business entity, regardless of the number of employees, shall be considered a single user. For example, while a business may have 10 employees, the business is subject to the same weekly reservation limits as a single individual.
- Library staff may enter the Conference Room at any time while it is being used.
- The Library reserves the right to revoke permission to reserve and use the Conference Room based on violations of this policy. Revocation periods will generally follow the same progression in the Library's Behavior policy, depending on the nature and frequency of the violation(s).
- The person reserving the room assumes all liability for damage to or theft of City property as assessed by the City by any member of their group during the reservation time period.
- The City assumes no responsibility for materials, equipment or any other article left by any organization, group or individual in the Library and will not be liable for loss, theft or damage thereto.
- The Library neither approves nor disapproves of content, topics, subject matter, or points of view of individuals or groups using the room.