Friends of the Library
The purpose of the Friends of the Library is to preserve and strengthen the Library and to create awareness and appreciation of library services in the community.
Who We Are
People of all ages who believe in the importance of the public library and who lend their support.
What We Do
- Raise funds through the sale of books and merchandise at the Friends of the Library Used Book Store
- Provide advocacy for library issues
- Fund library programs and cultural passes
- Purchase materials and equipment to enhance the Library and its collections
Friends Make a Difference!
- The Friends of the Oregon City Library donate an average of more than $10,000 yearly to the Library!
- Your membership to "Friends" is important to the library.
- Being a "Friend" sends a clear message to elected officials and fellow citizens that you think our library is a valuable community asset.
- Membership entitles you to a 10% discount at the Friends Used Book Store!
What Can You Do?
- Lend your financial support by joining the Friends of the Oregon City Library!
- Give a financial donation to the Friends general fund, building fund or special projects.
- Donate your used books, videos, DVDs, audiobooks or CDs to the Friends Used Book Store.
- Volunteer at the Friends Used Book Store.
- Tell your friends and neighbors about the used book store and the great bargains they will find there
- Make public presentations
Ready to Join or Find Out More? Visit the Friends website.
Friends' Donation Guidelines
Not Accepted - The following printings or types:
- Encyclopedia sets and dictionaries
- Reader's Digests
- Time Life Books
- Medical, Technical, Health/Diet, Travel, Political, Religion more than five years old
- Magazines (except quilting, woodworking, and fishing)
- VHS tapes
- Cassette tapes
Not accepted - The following conditions:
- Torn or missing pages or covers
- Underlined, written, or highlighted
- Books on CD
- CD, DVD, Vinyl Records, Sheet Music
Note: Please try to keep donations limited to 6 boxes or shopping bags.
Also Note: The Friends of the Oregon City Public Library is a 501(c)(3) organization. All donations are tax-deductible.