The City of Oregon City participates in the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP), which makes flood insurance available to everyone. The City makes continual efforts to reduce flood damage potential, which reduces insurance rates. The program was created by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) in an effort to improve public safety, prevent property damage, and protect the natural floodplain environment. Communities that participate in this program agree to manage flood hazard areas by adopting minimum regulatory standards.
The City was officially awarded a lower insurance cost rating (Currently level 8) because it participates in public outreach. Our community information is as follows:
- Name of Community: City of Oregon City
- Community ID No: 410021
- Current Flood Insurance Rate Map (FIRM) Date: June 17, 2008
- FIRM Effective Date: February 15, 1980
FEMA Flood Maps & Data
Currently the City bases flood information on the 1996 flood inundation line and the FIRM published by FEMA. The City has these maps available at City Hall.
- Clackamas County Flood Insurance Study (Volume 1 of 3) (PDF)
- Clackamas County Flood Insurance Study (Volume 2 of 3) (PDF)
- Clackamas County Flood Insurance Study (Volume 3 of 3) (PDF)
- 1979 Flood Insurance Study (PDF)
- FIRM Index Map (JPG)
FEMA Digital Flood Insurance Risk Maps (DFIRM)
Note: large maps are 10 to 12 megabytes each.
- 41005C0285D (PDF)
- 41005C0277D (PDF)
- 41005C0259D (PDF)
- 41005C0038D (PDF)
- 41005C0039D (PDF)
- 41005C0257D (PDF)
- 41005C0276D (PDF)
The purpose of a FIRM is to show the areas likely to be inundated by a 100 year flood. FIRM can be viewed or obtained from a variety of sources. You can determine which FIRM map you need by entering an address on the FEMA Flood Map Service Center website. You can order a hardcopy FIRM Panel Map from the FEMA Map Store.
- 1980-02-15 Map Index (PDF)
- 1980-02-15 Map 410021 0001 B (PDF)
- 1980-02-15 Map 410021 0002 B (this map contained no Special Flood Hazard Area (SFHA) properties and not online)
For more information on these flood hazard areas, please contact the City of Oregon City Building Department at 503-722-3789.
The floodplain boundaries shown on the site OCWebMaps is a digital version of the 1996 inundation line, and is currently the boundary the City uses for floodplain determination. This digital version is currently not official with or accepted by FEMA or any other jurisdiction, department, entity, business, or individual. The City of Oregon City makes no representation regarding the completeness or accuracy of this or other data.