Join our Team of men and women dedicated to the safety of our community!
See yourself in service and make a difference.
Why You Should Join
The Oregon City Police Department will give you the opportunity to be a part of a skilled group pioneering toward the future.
As a member of the Oregon City Police Department, you will have the opportunity to:
- Have a rewarding career with competitive pay and benefits
- Salary starting at $34.51/hour
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick Paid Time Off
- Work in a fast-paced environment with varied work including promotional and special team opportunities
- SRO, K9, SWAT, Detective, Hostage Negotiation
- Wellness and Support programs available and encouraged
- Benefit from excellent training opportunities
- Generous Contract Pay and Incentives
If you have the qualities of teamwork, integrity, and excellence, then we encourage you to join our department and apply your National Testing Network Frontline Test scores to the Oregon City Police Department. Apply Online Today!
In addition, visit the National Testing Network - Public Safety Jobs Search page for further details.
- Voted Best City Department in a recent Citizen Survey
- Recent Lateral New Hires from surrounding agencies, including Portland, Gresham, Seaside, West Linn, and Canby
Certificate and Special Assignment Premium Pay, above "Basic" Pay:
- Intermediate Certificate (5%)
- Advanced Certificate (Additional 5%)
- Bilingual Premium (3%)
- Detective and Behavioral Health Unit (5%)
- Motor (Traffic) Officer (5%)
- K-9 Handler (5% plus weekly animal care time)
- School Resource Officer (5%)
3% of salary in Fiscal Year (FY) 2022, increase to 4% of salary in FY23.
- Graveyard (Additional 1.5% while assigned)
- Field Training Officers (Additional 7% while assigned a recruit)
- SWAT/Crisis Negotiation Team (CNT) (5% while assigned)
- The annual incentive of $500 or $750, based on the results of a physical fitness rowing test and one confidential visit with a one-on-one mental health specialist.
- Employees are allowed up to 2 hours/work week for physical fitness at our in-house workout facility.
- 95% City/5% Employee paid medical plan
- 10 years plus consecutive years and retire as an Officer, Detective, or Sergeant: 50% of medical coverage is paid
- Medical Savings Account (VEBA) contribution by City: 1% of salary annually
- Vacation - tiered accrual based on years of service
- Holiday - 13 holidays at 8 hours each
- Comp Time - in lieu of paid overtime, you can earn Comp Time (1.5 times the OT hours worked)
- Sick - 10 hours/month
- Sick Leave Incentive - additional 20 hours/year for those who use less than or equal to 50 hours in a calendar year
- Lateral "Starter Package:" credited sick and vacation time up to 80 hours each, if applicable
- 10 years of continuous service (2% longevity pay)
- 15 years of continuous service (3% longevity pay)
- Traditional or Jumpsuit Uniform - options are unlimited based on preference and comfort
- Duty Gear - handguns, rifles, body armor, etc.
- Boot Allowance - $275/every 2 years
- College Resource Officer
- Homeless Liaison Officer
- K-9s (Drug and Patrol)
- School Resource Officer
- Motor (Traffic) Officer
- Bike Patrol
- Commercial Truck Inspector
- Crash Reconstruction
- Drone Operator
- Drug Recognition Expert
- Honor Guard
- SIT Team (drug interdiction)
- SWAT (including Crisis Negotiations Team)
- Healthy Training Budget
- FTEP for Laterals can be accelerated